By sharing your voice with those who have the ability to implement policy change, you can contribute to large scale environmental progress. DCVA has compiled a list of useful model ordinances and resolutions that you can use to promote the changes you want to see in your neighborhood. Bringing these to your local EACs or Municipal Council could be a great way to start!
If you are aware of additional ordinance resources that we can add to this list, please email email@example.com.
- An Ordinance Regulating the Storage and Handling of De-icing Materials in the City of Crest Hill, IL
- Chloride Reduction Model Ordinance Language, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency links to many more ordinance resources, scroll down the page to "Model chloride ordinances, policies and contracts"
- Community Gardens Model Ordinance - Cumberland County Planning Dept.
- Model Dumping Ordinance - DCVA
Erosion and Sediment Control
- Erosion and Sediment Control Model Ordinance - EPA
- Newlin Township (PA) Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance
Open Space Development
- Open Space Development Model Ordinance - EPA
- Establishment of Shade Tree Commission - Radnor, PA
Single Use Plastics
- Single Use Plastic Reduction Model Ordinance - DCVA
- Single Use Plastic Bags and Plastic Straws Ordinance - Narberth, PA
- Single Use Plastics Ordinance - West Chester, PA
- The Watershed Institute (New Jersey) Enhanced Model Stormwater Ordinance
- Stormwater Discharge Ordinance - Tredyffrin, PA
- Stormwater Management Ordinance - Tredyffrin, PA
Zero Waste / Incineration of Municipal Waste
- Swarthmore Borough, DE County, PA Resolution 2021-04 Requesting a County-wide Transition to Zero Waste